Friday 14 July 2017

Cancer Diaries , the Mirror and the Cape.


It's been a long time between posts. Life is very busy.

When I look in the mirror I sometimes don't recognise the face staring back at me .
Looking - my life , my eyes wide open , I see how incredibly wonderful it is. I have very high anxiety due to cancers but I manage.

Yes , I get very scared at times but I have learned how to worry less. I pray, I love, I laugh and when the scary creeps in ...

Breath by breath, day at a time. Till my next followup appointment in 7 days.

I've been doing an immense amount of reading about building yourself up and moving forward , not dwelling on the negative; about taking chances and using my cancer diagnosis to build a better life for myself and help other people.



I still struggle with my self-image and looking in mirror definitely brings me down. Not to mention bed hair or hat hair.

“Mirror mirror on the wall. I'll always get up after I fall and whether I run, walk or crawl, I'll set my goals and achieve them all."
Unknown



Yes, I signed up for two fundraising events - 

Cancer Council NSW  https://city2surf2017.everydayhero.com/au/trish-taylor

Children's Tumour Fdn  https://nfmegaheromarch.everydayhero.com/au/trish


I always feel extremely humbled by the the generosity of not only my family, friends and blogging colleagues but complete strangers who are so willing to give in my name for the research into Cancer and NF.

I am participating in Mega Hero March to raise $$$ to continue to research 'cures' and support those afflicted by NF. Especially for our son Sam.

NO really it's all about the CAPE !

Neurofibromatosis can be a devastating condition. It has no cure. I have NF, as does my son. We are not the only ones in our extended family with this condition.

NF is a genetic condition which causes tumours to form on the nerves anywhere in the body at anytime.

Living with a very visible difference can be challenge. You can’t always hide it. Among other things learning issues, disfiguring tumours and extreme nerve pain can also be problematic for those with the condition.

Because NF causes benign tumours to grow anywhere in the body -sometimes they turn malignant and I had a rare malignant (cancer) sarcoma in 2014 and a few benign tumours removed.

On the whole my NF is quite mild in comparison (others in my family have been much more affected) except for the very rare malignant tumour.The Children's Tumour Foundation helps all of us lead better lives.

This is in 2 weeks , the City to surf for the Cancer Council is in 4 weeks. So more on that later.

Now my daily step goal is 12,000 steps !

Please help me help them by giving whatever you can -click on the link before - then use the 'Give Now' button.
$5 or $10 it all adds up - don't be shy every $ counts.